Saturday, June 7, 2008

Few and Far Between

My garden posts have been woefully few and far between since I've spent the last several months computer-less. I am currently mooching from a friend to post this.

I have many photos to share of the progress this year as soon as I can get a computer long enough to upload them.

Today, I simply wanted to share that the garden looks shaggily beautiful. We could definitely use some sort of grass-controlling device to help maintain the area around the beds. I weeded two beds, turned dirt in one, and Joe helped me put up a lattice around the tomatoes. I have another lattice, but I'm not sure how the lattice will work, so I figured I wouldn't put it up till I consulted with the other girls. I actually thought I was buying plain old twine.

The girls and I may decide to take it down-- it looked like someone already caged the tomatoes pretty well.

I bought two seed packets for cukes; hope to plant them tomorrow. I got a Tendersweet burpless variety and a "Pickle Bush" which is supposed to be good for small spaces.

I guess after that, the last thing I'll put in for awhile will be my Jubilee tomatoes.

I took a couple of Anaheim pepper plants and a tomato plant home to try in containers.

love.

No comments: